The East Anglian Golf Croquet league is divided into four areas, the
and Western areas, and the clubs in each area played in an all-play-all block
over the course of the season. There are four players per team who play four timed handicap
singles against their opposite numbers, plus two handicap doubles – a total of 18 games per match. The results of the matches in each block can be found by following the corresponding
links. The four area winners then proceed to a knock-out stage for the semi-finals and finals to determine the overall winner.
North & Mid vs. Western Area semi-final will be played at Wrest Park on Sunday 10 September.
The Eastern vs. Central Area semi-final will be played at Letchworth on Sunday 10 September.
The final will be played at Newport on Sunday 1 October.
Golf Croquet Handicap League Rules – 2017
Print version ( 48 kb)
- All games shall be played under the current CA-approved Laws of Golf Croquet (4th Edition, March 2014).
- Games shall be 13-point handicap games with a 60 minute time limit, excluding stoppages. If a game is tied when time is called, one more hoop should be played to determine the winner. Extra turns may not be used for this final hoop (extra turns not used at the conclusion of normal time are lost).
- The start time of the match should be agreed by team captains.
- Any number of courts may be used: but note that the format differs substantially depending on the number available. Standard Courts should be used wherever possible, and courts must be at least ¾-size with the correct proportions. All courts should be in adequate condition such that there is a possibility of accurate positioning, and of hitting a ball from one corner of the court to the opposite corner. Play should be spread where the quality of the courts differs.
- Where the home club has two or more courts available, then each team shall consist of four players, not necessarily the same players each match. The match shall consist of two doubles games and 16 singles games. Each Team member will play one doubles game and four singles games. Match total 18 games. The players shall be listed in order, first by lowest handicap and then by highest index. Doubles pairings should be declared prior to start of play. The doubles pairs with the first listed player on each side shall play each other. A team scores two points for a match win and one point for a draw.
- Where the home club has one court, then each team shall consist of three players, not necessarily the same players each match. The players shall be listed in order, first by lowest handicap and then by highest index. Doubles pairings shall be the first two listed players. The match shall consist of one doubles games and nine singles games. The first two listed players in each Team will play one doubles game and three singles games; the third listed players will play three singles games. Match total 10 games. A team scores two points for a match win and one point for a draw.
- Substitutes in matches shall be allowed only by prior agreement between the Team Captains.
- No player may play for more than one team in a season. In the event of a violation all illegal games won by that player shall be forfeit to the opponent with a 0-0 hoop score; all illegal games lost by that player remain valid.
- For those Clubs with two teams in the same region, the matches between those teams must be played as the first fixture otherwise the result of that game will be void.
- Players must have a valid handicap and have at least ten recorded singles games on their handicap card prior to the match.
- Teams of four playing at a home club with two or more courts shall have a minimum aggregate handicap of 16. Teams of three playing at a home club with a single court shall have a minimum aggregate handicap of 12.
- No more than one team member may have a handicap less than 2 on the day of the match.
- Players must play off their current handicap on the day of the match. Subject to the application of Rule 2c above, where a player’s handicap changes less than a week before a match, that player and/or team shall remain eligible in accordance with CA Tournament Regulations.
- Handicap Cards should be handed to opposing Team Captain before the start of play. All handicap cards must be up to date and verified correct by the Team Captain, Club handicapper or Official CA Handicapper. If a player forgets their card, they should orally declare their handicap, but must provide a copy of the card to the opposing Captain and/or League Manager within 24 hours of the match. If a player’s handicap turns out to be lower than that declared on the day, then all illegal games won by that player shall be forfeit to the opponent with a 0-0 hoop score; all illegal games lost by that player remain valid.
- The home Team Captain should notify the League Manager of results within 48 hours of a match, and should submit a copy of the completed score-sheet within 5 days ideally, by email (note: the score sheet must show the club names, location, date, full names of all players, handicaps, and all results).
- Matches not played by the cut-off date of 1 September 2017 will be declared void and no points awarded unless a later date has been agreed beforehand by the League Manager. If a team cancels a match unilaterally less than 5 clear days before a scheduled match, then that team forfeits its points and the non-offending team shall be awarded the match and 2 points.
- In the case of a tie on points between two or more teams in an Area Group, then the winner will be determined by: who beat whom; then if still undecided, by the game difference in all matches; then by net hoops in all matches; and, then by other means determined by the Manager.
- Disputes: In the event of a dispute, the League Manager’s decision shall be final.